1. Install our mobile app.
• Install our free app on your iPhone (Trimble GPS Hunt or Trimble GPS Fish) or iPad (Trimble GPS Maps). To install, go to the Apple App Store on your device and search for our free app designed for your device. iPhone users: Download Trimble GPS Hunt or Trimble GPS Fish. iPad users: Download Trimble GPS Maps. Note: Don't pay for our pro app. Your Off-The-Grid Maps purchase unlocks all the pro app features, plus much more.
2. Install the maps.
This sideload process only takes a few minutes but it requires that you connect your iPhone or iPad to your computer. Note: These directions are for iTunes 12.
• Plug the Off-The-Grid Maps memory card into your Mac or PC. Note: The microSD card slides into the larger SD card adapter. Install a supported Trimble app on your device. Supported apps: Trimble GPS Hunt or Trimble GPS Fish (iPhone) or Trimble GPS Maps (iPad).
• Connect your iPhone or iPad to your computer via USB.
• Launch iTunes on your computer.
• Select your device in the Devices list in the top-left of iTunes.
• Click the Apps tab on the top-left of the iTunes screen.
• Scroll down to the File Sharing section.
• From the Apps list, select the app that you want to install maps files on. For example: “Hunt”.
• On the right side of iTunes, in the app’s Documents section, click the Add button.
• Browse to the SD card and the TrimbleMapBundles folder.
• Select the activationkey.txt file
• Select the .tdkb file (example: Arizona.tdkb). This is where boundaries for hunt units/GMUs, counties, national parks, and wilderness areas are found.
• Select the map files you want by County. For example, if you want Apache County map files, select all the files named Apache County. Select Open or Add button then files will load into iTunes.
• Click Eject icon on the top-left of iTunes. Disconnect the device from computer.
3. Launch App
• Launch app on iPhone or iPad. Go to Offline Maps. See the map files load into the app. You can view these offline maps on the main Map screen. Maps will work without a cell or data connection.